Clinical Training / Fellowship Program at Cutis Care
Cutis Care Pvt. Ltd. is a one stop solution to problems involving skin, hair and nail. The centre dedicated towards general dermatology, aesthetic dermatology, dermatosurgery, sexually transmitted infections, leprosy and more in Nepal. We believe to deliver the most hi-tech skincare service in a professional manner. We provide services of regular checkup for diseases of skin, nail and hair including sexually transmitted infections and leprosy. The institute is open from 10 AM to 8 PM every day except on Fridays, when the institute remains closed. A prior appointment is needed for a doctor’s visit.
We provide a range of dermatology services and procedures including dermato-surgery, Hair transplant surgery, peeling, cryotherapy, micro-dermabrasion, vitiligo surgery, radiofrequency ablation, Iontophoresis and wide range of Lasers. Pimples, pimples’ scar, pigmentation, melasma, vitiligo, eczema, allergy, psoriasis, infections, hair fall, itching are common presentations in general dermatology. In aesthetic dermatology; we provide service for dermatosurgery, hair transplant, skin rejuvenation, cryosurgery, laser surgery, botulinum therapy – chemical peeling, microdermabrasion, derma roller, phototherapy, radiofrequency, vitiligo surgery, nail surgery, PRP therapy and more. The centre is facilitated with a wide range of lasers for acne scars, pigmentation (melasma/freckles), tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation, wrinkles hair removal and birthmarks. Cutis care provides affordable and quality service of FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT hair transplant for Scalp hair loss (baldness), eyebrow and beard/moustache transplant.
The institute is also facilitated with a well-equipped laboratory which deals with varieties of analyses with a CLIA machine. The associated pharmacy is also well known for providing a comprehensive service when it comes to drugs and cosmetic products concerning skin from Nepal and abroad.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails. There is a huge scope in dermatology as there is an increase in the level of skin diseases today. Almost everyone comes across a situation where they have a rash or an illness which needs medical attention. In dermatology, because diagnosis is still made on the basis of history and clinical examination while investigations are used only for confirmation, every case is a clinical challenge and a rare case diagnosed correctly gives one great satisfaction.
Our doctor, Dr Dharmendra Karn specializes in dermatology, sexually transmitted infections and leprosy. His special field of interest is dermatology, aesthetic dermatology and dermatosurgery. He began his dermatology career in 2004, where he was trained for his postgraduate study at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India. DrKarn has received advanced training in dermatology and dermatosurgery (Dermatosurgery skills, Hair Transplant, Skin rejuvenation, Cryosurgery, Laser surgery, Botulinum therapy – BOTOX, Chemical peeling, Microdermabrasion, Dermaroller, Phototherapy, Radiofrequency, Vitiligo Surgery, Nail Surgery, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy and Others). He specializes in Laser surgery for skin rejuvenation, wrinkle reduction, acne, acne scars, hair removal, tattoo removal, pigmentation – melasma / freckles, birthmarks and others.
Dr. Dharmendra Karn is the professor of dermatology and advisor involved in making national guidelines for sexually transmitted infections, leprosy and HIV / AIDS in Nepal. He regularly attends national and international dermatology workshops and congresses. He has more than 25 national and international publications with numerous citations in the discipline in his credit. He has been rewarded globally with multiple awards including the Presidential SuprawalJanasewa Shree award from Nepal government. He received his advanced training in hair transplant from Professor Dr. Alex Ginzburg, from RananaUniversity, Israel; a pioneer in the field of hair transplant. Since then he has performed many successful hair transplants and is active in conducting workshops for hair transplant in Nepal. He is the life member of many national and international dermatology societies. His enjoys sharing knowledge and skills to colleagues and younger dermatologists. Therefore, he has been appointed as adjunct professor at his alma mater, KMC Mangalore (Manipal University, Karnataka).
Dr. Sushil Paudel MD, is a senior consultant dermatologist for years of experience in dermatology, venereology and leprosy. He is actively involved in academic activities and is affiliated to many dermatology societies. He is interested in core dermatology and aesthetic dermatology and has deep interest towards dermatosurgery.
Dr. Shekhar KC is an active and enthusiastic dermatologist involved in dermatosurgery, hair transplant and lasers. He has many publications and awards in his credit. He is actively involved in academic activities and newer dermato-surgical procedures.
To provide highest standards of dermatological care at affordable prices while maintaining ethical values.
The clinic is a fully facilitated service provider at the hub of mid Baneshwor, Kathmandu. It has its own two facilitated buildings with separate rooms for individual procedures including lasers, chemical peeling, dermato-surgery, trichoscopy, Blepharoplasty and Fat transfer. Two equipped hair transplant operating theaters are present with well-resourced medical facilities.
Existing Physical Facilities (Infrastructure)
- Build up area about 11000 sq. ft. – 2 buildings (7500 sq. ft. + 3500 sq. ft. )
- Consultation Room – 6
- Good waiting areas – for 60 people ( 30 + 30 people)
- Laser room – 3
- Waiting area for Laser – 20 people
- Peeling Room – 1
- Waiting area for Peeling room – 20 people
- Minor Procedure Room – 2
- Hair Transplant / OT Room – 3
- Dermoscopy / Trichoscopy Room – 1
- Seminar Hall – 1
- Meeting Hall – 1
- Parking Area – 2
Bike – 60 motorbikes
Car – 10 cars
- CEO – SumitaKarna
- Dermatologist – Dr Dharmendra Karn
- Dr Sushil Poudel
- Dr Shekhar Babu K. C
- Medical Officer – Dr Arya Thapa
- Staff Nurse – 1
- CMA/ ANM – 4
- Account Administrator – 1
- Management Administrator – 1
- Receptionist – 3
- Admin Assistant – 2
- Office Assistant – 4
- Security Guard – 2
- Laser Room
- Carbon-Dioxide Laser machine
- ND: YAQ switch Machine
- Erb- YAG Machine
- PICO Laser Machine
- Diode Machine
- IPL Laser
- Body Sculpting Laser
- Peeling Room
- Fully automatic beds with various types of Peeling agent
- Micro Dermabrasion machine – 1
- Phototherapy Room
- Whole body phototherapy chamber: 1
- Multi-utility phototherapy: For Localized body parts: 1
- Spot phototherapy: Numerous
- Cryo Room
- Cryogun – 3
- Cryo storage tank – 2
- Radio Frequency Room
- Radio Frequency Machine – 2
- Trichoscopy/ Dermascopy Room
- Trichoscopy machine – 2
- Hair Transplant Room
- Well-equipped sophisticated updated version of all the machines
Well-equipped Lab Facility with fully automatic and computerized
- Average patient per day: 100
- Monthly: Around 3000 patients
Clinical Fellowship programs
Three proposed programs for dermatology related training:
- Observership (Basic training)
- Hands-on-training (Intermediate – Advance level training)
- Advanced CPD Program / CPD Program / Fellowship : Becoming an expert in the field
Cutis Care announces continuing professional development / Clinical fellowship for registered doctor which is accreted by Nepal Medical Council.
- To demonstrate their commitment to review, maintain and enhance their professional skills among patients, peers, regulatory bodies and community.
- To foster the value of continuous improvement and development within the profession
- To provide participants opportunities to participate in activities that leads to professional development and increased health outcomes
- To enable effective monitoring and tracking of own’s participation and CPD activities.
Duration of Courses:
- Medical Peels: Duration 1 week, 6 working days
- Lasers: 10 days
OPTIONAL INCLUDED TRAININGS: electrocautery, radiofrequency, cryotherapy, PRP therapy, phototherapy with basic dermatosurgery
Total package (Lasers + Optionals): 2 weeks
- Advanced Dermato-surgery: Hair transplant(FUE / FUT), vitiligo surgery, blepharoplasty, split ear repairing, nail surgeries, lipomaexicion, sebaceous cyst exicion, Botulinum toxin injection
Total package: 2 weeks or 4 weeks
Detailed curriculum will be provided after enrollment of the candidate. For more info, contact CC.
Curriculum of Medical Peels- (18 points)
Curriculum of Lasers- (18 points)
Curriculum of Advanced Dermatosurgery- (18 points)
- Should be a registered dermatologist or dermatology trainee with a valid medical degree
- Should have a working permit / License for medical practice
- Should have a basic knowledge of dermatology and applied anatomy
- Seats are limited for two candidates for each training module
Prospectus and brochures can be collected from the registration desk.